19 July 2009

Midsummer Nights

I'm restless. The nights I can't sleep when I need to wake up early the next day are the nights that I hate most.

But at the same time, I appreciate them to some degree. My thoughts during these nights are the ones that are most fleeting from my consciousness, and the ones that are most concrete in their honesty. For now, however. My thoughts are of observation and recollection. Specifically for the things scattered across my desk.

The New Jersey & New York Apartment Guide Book. A little 4 x 7 inch book that is half an inch thick with places I can relocate to. And the only thing that is preventing me from it is monetary issues. A reoccurring problem in my life. -sigh-

108 Wine Facts. A double deck of cards I bought for a friend while in Canada. I have yet to give it to him, but it's within reason since we've been so out of touch. Trying to schedule a get-together is hit & miss because of our schedules & new sets of priorities. I'm slightly bitter when I say this.

Brother XL-3750 Sewing Machine. A somewhat recent purchase that's been lacking my attention recently. It's tied to a string of gifts I've been receiving after my budding sewing hobby had been leaked to various family members & friends: A starter kit from my brother's girlfriend, accessories & storage from my mom, and a fashion design book from my grandmother (which is the newest addition to the bunch) are among other things I've collected myself along the way. I should be working on more projects, but I've been lacking drive, as well as a dress form-- which is somewhat essential to me since I'm not keen on working with sewing patterns often.

The old key from Fusion. ...there's not much to say about it aside from the fact that I shouldn't even have it. But it's memorabilia to me, so I can't part with it.

A crumpled post-it note & a twix bar. A bittersweet reminder with a very tempting gift from someone of relevance. I'm quite sure the post-it note will be saved... if I can find (read: obtain from a certain someone) the notebook I want to store it in, along with my last item...

A scrapbook giraffe embellishment. I bought in on a whim while picking up supplies from the art store and kept it on my desk ever since. I don't know why I'm so amused & entertained by it, but it WAS one of the items to spark and fuel my imagination for one of my first posts. Silly giraffes. -smiles-

Now it's early morning: I can hear birds waking. I have to go to work today. I'm still restless, but I think I'll be able to sleep now, after spending some time draining some thoughts out. Especially on the post-it note & twix bar... though I didn't, and don't intend to, reveal the actual relevant thoughts... At least not in this post. :3

Adieu & Goodnight,
La Anonyme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Written Pages